Thursday, May 24, 2012

Family Photo Shoot (With two Rowdy Boys!) and Thrifty Thursday

Helllloooooooo people! I hope that this post finds you well. Today I wanted to share with all of you the experience of our recent family photos. We happen to have found a most spectacular photographer, I love her to death! Rosa Moore at Moore Photography does such amazing work, and she's super friendly too. (here, you can find her on Facebook) And the icing on the cake? Her prices are fabulous!
Last Summer Rosa did my Little Lady's one year old photo shoot:

I was so impressed with the outcome of our session that I went ahead and booked her again for our family photos. But then my son broke his leg. And let me tell you... I DID NOT want that bright yellow cast in my family pictures. Not to mention how much it would limit what we could do with the shoot. So I had to reschedule the shoot. I wasn't sure how long he'd be casted, so I couldn't give Rosa a new date yet. Then, when I finally found out when he'd likely get the cast removed, I let her know as soon as possible. And it turns out that it was the weekend she was going to start her maternity leave. Boooo for me! (Yay for her!) But since she's such a fabulous woman, she squeezed me in for one last shoot before she took her time off!!
At the time of this shoot, my boys were 7 and 4 years old. They. Were. Crazy. No, seriously. My older one was scowling at the camera, my younger one can't figure out where to look, they're poking each other, bickering, tickling. Whatever, you name it. I'm pretty sure that these nutso Boys of mine gave poor Rosa a run for her money. But despite my goofy children, she managed to do an incredible job. Here are some of the fun (and silly) shots she got.



I'll admit it... The Boys were driving me crazy this whole time. But now, looking back, I'm happy that we have photos that are reflecting so much of their personalities. The expressions on their faces and their body language show me what a truly loving relationship they have. What a cherished memory these pictures will be for years to come!!
Now on to Thrifty Thursday! Let me preface by saying that I don't actually know if I got a "thrifty" deal on these or not. They are in great condition, but I don't have any idea what they originally went for, or how old they are. They were listed on Craigslist, and I paid $20.00 for the set. I just really liked them. I knew that they would go great in my Fun Room/Computer room that I'm working on. (See here and here) I really thought that even though they were probably a little tall for the table, (since I had The Hubs) cut the table down about 3 inches. Doh!) that they would go great with my Chalkboard Table. Once I got them home, I was glad that I picked them up. Yay!



As always, I'd love for you to follow my blog. If you're a Google member or on Blogger already, please feel free to follow me that way. Otherwise, go ahead and bookmark my page so you can check in regularly!
Also, please "like" me on Facebook!