Thursday, February 23, 2012

On a Mission

Monday night my middle child broke his leg. He broke it at the top of his Tibia, so he is in a long-leg cast for the next 6-8 weeks. For an almost 5 year old boy, this is like pure torture. He can't walk, run or hop, he can't ride a bike, he can't use his scooter, he can't climb the playground, he can't participate at baseball practice.And I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to manage preschool...



As a mommy, I'm absolutely heartbroken for him. (And insanely stressed out, as no I have two immobile children).
So I am ON A MISSION to make these next 6-8 weeks as easy and enjoyable as possible for both him and me. I have been scouring blogs and Pinterest for fun, indoor (and some outdoor) activities that I can do with him that are cheap, and relatively easy. We will have picnics, build forts, make paper hats... whatever! We'll probably do quite a bit of baking and hopefully some gardening too.

Maybe my son's broken leg will force me to become more productive??? Wish me Luck!!