Thursday, December 27, 2012

December Kindness Challenge Wrap Up

 As we wrap up this month, I feel inspired within myself. Inspired to take this warm fuzzy feeling of love and generosity from the December Kindness Challenge, and to carry it on in a very deliberate way throughout 2013.
I always strive to be a kind, compassionate human being, but sometimes that can get lost in the shuffle of daily life and occupied minds. For example, I would never hesitate somebody who was in obvious need of assistance, but it's less common that I would seek out a way to extend kindness to somebody. And it feels really nice to do that.
So, for the next year, let's join the movement of kindness. Spread the love, spread the joy, the cheer, the goodwill. Go out of your way to be helpful, understanding, and empathetic to those around you. I will be, and I know that it will be worth it!

After today, there are still a few more days left of the December Kindness Challenge, but this will be the final link up/post in the series. Just remember to keep up your acts of kindness for the month!

Here were my kind acts for the last week:

12/21: At Bass Pro Shop to see Santa, I was able to join my friend and her kids on her "Bass Pass", so I passed mine on to somebody in  the standby line. Then later that afternoon, I went to the Starbucks drive-thru and paid for the person behind me in line.

12/22: Left some homemade Peppermint Bark cake pops on my neighbors gate with a Christmas card.
12/23: Made a small donation at the grocery store's Harvesting Hope collection container.

12/24: After our Christmas celebration with my husbands family, I had one of the photos of my in-laws and the grand kids developed at Walgreens, and then framed it so that my In-Laws would have a copy right away.

12/25: While at Walgreens buying batteries, I helped a man find the appropriate SD card for the tablet he bought his kiddos. He was so upset with himself for not buying one in advance.

12/26: Picked up dinner for my family because The Hubs and I both didn't feel like cooking. We had post-Christmas fatigue. Then I brought The Hubs his drinks without him asking me to.

12/27: Created a GoFundMe account (and donated) for some good friends of mine to help them with their expenses on getting to the Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc. conference this summer. They will be traveling with their special needs daughter (same condition that my daughter has) and all of her medical supplies and adaptive equipment, and it will be challenging and expensive for them to make this trip.

I have some more acts in mind for the next few days of this challenge. For example, I want to bring flowers to the nurse that helps with all of my daughters referrals and stuff down at the medical office. I want to go drop off our pop tabs at the nearby Ronald McDonald House. I want to bring a plate of cookies to the police department. So those are things I'll get to over the next few days. And then I'll be on the lookout to make 2013 my kindest year ever! Join me, wont you?

Now, if you have a post about kindness, please link it up here with myself and Danette from All My Love for All My Days, or simply comment below!
 


*********************************************************************
 Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there! 
Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'
Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna! 
I can also be found on Twitter under the handle @MyNotSoGlamLife