Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A few {not so} glamorous words

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas (if you celebrate it). My family and I had a wonderful few days of love and celebration.
The last few weeks have been full of festivities and prep and all of the wonderful things that the season brings, and in turn, I have been blogging a little less than my typical routine. I have missed some of the regular parts of my blog, but not as much as I would have expected.... I love my blog. I love that it is something that is "just for me"... it's not for my kids, or my husband, or an obligation I have. And I do get excited when I get new readers/followers, or a post that gets an exceptional amount of page views... because that means people like what they see. How flattering!
I never expect to become a "big blogger", so I kind of go back and forth on what I want to do here... Any blogger can tell you that it's a numbers game. How many page views, how many views per post, how many followers, how many comments, and shares and pins. It can cause high's of excitement and lows of disappointment. I don't want my hobby to ever disappoint me, yet sometimes, it does. (comparatively though, I guess a lot of hobbies can cause disappointment... sports comes to mind.)
An example of me feeling let down is when your number of followers goes down. No blogger wants to lose followers. I've lost a handful of followers over the last few weeks, and I try to tell myself that it's not that my content is poor, but perhaps some of the people that only followed due to a giveaway and then unfollowed later. Sad, but I know that people do that.
I was also hoping to see more response in the blogger community to my December Kindness Challenge. I'm surprised to not have seen more people getting involved. So then it makes me feel like I'm not "in with the cool kids". It's no secret that the blogging community has cliques.
In any case, I'm just rambling here. I'll just keep blogging as my creative outlet, and hope for more fun than discouragement with it.
If you're a fellow blogger, have you dealt with these types of feelings? How did you move past it?