Monday, December 17, 2012

Complete, hearty meal for only 93¢ a person

If you're anything like me, you're always on the lookout for ways to feed your family a meal of substance, while still staying on a budget. Today I am going to share with you a meal that everyone in my family enjoys (really, everyone!) that is balanced and inexpensive. And super easy to make as well!
The approximate breakdown of this specific meal was about 93¢ per person. Now THAT'S what I call a Dollar Menu!
Ingredients:
Potatoes (98¢ per bag at Fresh & Easy)
Smoked Sausage or Kielbasa (I used two packages of John Morrell Smoked Sausage. 99¢ at the 99¢ Only Store)
Biscuits (Store Brand. 89¢ at local grocery store.)
Green Beans (Canned. Store Brand. 79¢ at local grocery store.)
Total for meal= $4.64
This fed a family of 2 adults and 3 children with some leftover. Often when I prepare this meal, I will add onion or bell peppers to the pan as well for added flavor with minimum cost.

Start by cutting up your potatoes and sausage. Put in a pan with a small amount of oil (your choice) and whatever seasonings or spices you wish to use from your pantry. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently until potatoes are cooked through.

Warm your green beans and biscuits according to directions.

Serve and enjoy! To make it even more balanced and healthy, serve a green salad on the side.  


*********************************************************************
 Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there! Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'? Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna! I can also be found on Twitter under the handle @MyNotSoGlamLife