Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lazy Summer Mornings= My maternity leave

Now that I'm mostly over the emotional part of my Big Boy graduating from Kinder, I am moving on to the "Enjoy the Summer" part of it.
I kept referring to these few weeks as my "Maternity Leave". Since I'm a SAHM, I don't actually get a maternity leave, but I figured that this is as close to one as I'm going to have. From the time school/T-ball ended, until the time the Little Lady gets here, will be 4-6 weeks of pretty much not having to be anywhere at any specific time. And I am luxuriating in that!!! We are having lazy summer mornings, and it is so nice. Even though I am a very early riser (4:30am anyone?) we still don't get dressed until maybe 11am or so some mornings. I love it! I love having chaos free mornings!
But (and I apologize to the world in advance) I'm thinking that this weekend I need to go get myself some sort of swim attire so that next week we can go do some summer things. In the next 2 weeks or so, I'd love to take my boys to the beach, to the local water park, and to our local regional park with a lake. We need to fit in some Summer Fun before the Little Lady gets here and turns our lives upside down for a while.
So I'll enjoy the rest of this week as relatively lazy, and then get some fun started (while trying to maintain a quota of lazy mornings at the same time).