Friday, December 7, 2012

December Kindness Challenge Link-Up #1

Helllllloooooooo everyone! I'm so excited for our first link-up today for the December Kindness Challenge! (Don't worry, if you don't have a blog to link-up, you can still share! Just leave your list of kind acts in the comments below the blog post!)
I hope that all of you have been experiencing the great joy that comes with kind acts, and that your hearts are full. I cannot wait to see what all of you have been up to! And if you haven't been participating already, it's not too late to start!!

So let's get started!! First, I am going to share my list of kind acts for the week. (Also, if you're not "following" my blog with Google Friend Connect, now would be a great time to do that!) Then, I ask that you pay a visit to Danette at All My Love for All My Days to see her DKC post (Follow her too!). Then either link-up your DKC blog post or post in comments.

Day 1~ On this day, I mailed a copy of one of my very favorite books, and a handmade card with handwritten note to one of my dearest friends. She lives far away from me, and I miss her every day. Also, she always puts others before herself and I wanted her to receive something special in the mail that was just for her. I also held the door open for a gentleman who's hands were full at the post office, complimented a stranger on her dress at the grocery store, and gave $1 to the Salvation Army bucket on my way out.

Day 2~ On the 2nd day of the DKC, I purchased a box of Fair Trade, Organic Peppermint Tea from the Alternative Holiday Faire at church, and then gifted it anonymously to the neighbor across the street. I put it in a small gift bag, wrote a note, and left it on her porch. At the grocery store (again), I put a small bag of canned goods into the donation box.

Day 3~ It was a cold day. I prepared a treat of hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and tiny peppermint marshmallow bits for my son's kindergarten teacher and gave it to her when I picked him up. I also made a "warm drink" goodie bag for my 3rd grade son's running club coach and gave it to her when I picked him up.

Day 4~ On this day, the opportunity for a kind act fell right into my lap. When I took my daughter to preschool, they were short a parent helper. At our preschool, it's important for licensing requirements that each classroom has the proper adult to child ration. So although I hadn't planned on spending my morning at preschool that day, I did. By doing that, the office manager and school director were able to focus on their regular tasks instead of wasting time looking for a parent to fill in.

Day 5~ In the morning after dropping Big Boy off at school, I was running a little bit late and was frustrated with the drop-off situation at the school. Despite that, I let several kids cross the street in front of me so that they wouldn't be late. And I did it without getting irritated. I also gave a good, high value coupon to a clothing store to a friend of mine who shops there.

Day 6~ I registered as a donor!! I registered at deletebloodcancer.org as a bone marrow and/or peripheral blood stem cell donor. This is something that could help me save a life, and I'm so happy to offer that to the world. You can also become a donor through the Be the Match Program.
Image Source

Day 7~ Left a special treat of Lindor Truffles on the desk of my Big Boy's teacher. I also made a small donation to a family in our support group (for my daughters condition) that is trying to raise funds for the travel expenses for their child's care.

I can't wait to see what all of you link up or comment!! I encourage you to check out the other blogs that are linked up! You may find the inspiration for your next Act of Kindness!
*********************************************************************************
Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there!
Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'? Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna!
I can also be found on Twitter under the handle @MyNotSoGlamLife