Thursday, October 11, 2012

That "New Book" Smell

Six or so months ago, I pre-ordered a book for myself, and then proceeded to completely forget all about it. And I don't just mean forget that I ordered it... I totally forgot the book was going to be published at all. Which seems silly, considering the author.

The book in question here is The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. (Yes, the famed author of the Harry Potter series, for the few of you who may now know.) The Casual Vacancy is the first book published by J.K. Rowling since the HP series ended. How could I forget about that?!?! I was going to go to the bookstore with a friend to get it, when I received an email from Amazon.com letting me know my order shipped. Of course it did! So about two days later, I got a package in the mail, and was enjoying that "new book smell".

I'm not very far into it yet, but I'm still glad that I made the purchase. Even if I did forget all about it.
Have you ordered your copy yet? If you haven't, you can nab yours here right now: Shop Amazon Books - New J.K. Rowling - The Casual Vacancy