Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm feeling the Love! Come see why!

Hello my friends! I have been flattered by happenings in the blogosphere this week and I want to share them with you! Firstly, I was featured as the link with the most clicks over at Maiden D'Shade's link party. How fun is that? That means that lots of  people clicked on my post to read more about my fabulous cobbler recipe. So fun!
Maiden D'Shade Featured

Then, Rachel from Swell and Stylish tagged me for a Liebster award. ("The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.) This was really fun for me too! 

There are some "rules" for the recipients of this award, but it's all in good fun! 
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!

Here are the questions that Rachel gave me to answer:
1. What is your favorite thing to do when you're not working?
I'm a Domestic Engineer (aka Homemaker), so I'm always working. On the rare occasion that I have some "me time" it could be as simple as reading, taking a walk, taking a drive, or as fun as a massage, pedicure, hair cut, or shopping. 
2. Where have you traveled that you loved so much you didn't want to leave?
Ummm. Nowhere. Seriously... I live in Southern California, and I'm in love with it. I live 2 hours or less from the mountains, the dessert, the "big city", the ocean, the lakes, the river... you name it!
As far as out of state destinations though, I enjoyed a visit to Kansas City, Missouri last summer.
3. What is your favorite song? (Would love to see video or hear audio)
I think for a while now, my favorite song has been Love Like Crazy, by Lee Brice. This song just touches my heart, and I think gives us all something to strive for.
4. Can you give us a color swatch of one of your fave colors? (try this color finder)
I'll just go ahead and say right off the bat, that it is impossible for me to choose a favorite color. This just can't happen. Sorry.
5. What is your signature drink? (recipe?)
I totally don't have one of these either... am I lame?
6. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hmmmmm.... I'm gonna go with... Mexican food. Do I have to pick a specific item?
7. What is your main form of transportation?
My car. It's a 2010 Chevy Impala. Silver. I love it.
8. What is one big thing that you want to accomplish in the next year?
I would like to finally take the steps that it would take to get myself back in school.
9. Can you share a quote that you really appreciate?
"We are not given a good life or bad life, we are given life and it is up to us to make it good or bad." ~Ward Foley
10. When you think of the letter P, what comes to mind?
Princess
11. What's for dinner tonight? 
 We had some mess of cheesy pasta with ground turkey. It seriously wasn't what I meant to make, but turned out that I was missing some key ingredients. Figures.

Now onto some lovely bloggers that I'm choosing to tag for this award and the 11 questions I have created for them to answer:
All of the blogs I decided to share the award with are blogs I have been following, and enjoying. I would encourage you to check them out!
Here are the questions for those of you who I've listed above:
1. What is your favorite thing about being an adult?
2. What is your least favorite thing about being an adult?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
4. What is the last movie you saw in the theatre?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
7. Are you a morning person or a night person?
8. What is your favorite flower?
9. What is your favorite season?
10. How many tattoos do you have?
11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Okay friends! I hope that you all will participate so that I can read your answers! Best wishes to you all!