Thursday, June 21, 2012

DIY Dishwasher Soap

I hate spending money on dishwashing detergent. I feel like it's so expensive, and I go through it so quickly.
I tried buying the cheap stuff (usually I find "cheap" cleaners to work as well, or even better than the name brand products) at the 99¢ Store, but it was a massive fail. No bueno. Yucky, spotty dishes. I kid you not, I think that the dishes came out looking worse than when I loaded the dishwasher!
So since I've been on a "make your own" kick lately, (Did you see? I made my own Mayo!) I decided to see if I could find a recipe to make my own dishwasher detergent.
Once upon a time, if I were looking for something like that, I would have automatically turned to Google. Of course, now, my first go-to source is Pinterest.
In my mission to find it, I came upon a Pin with the caption "Homemade Dishwasher Soap (Not Detergent) | One Good Thing by Jillee". I had already bookmarked One Good Thing as a blog that I love, so I felt confident that I would love this formula. And the Pin itself shows 3 simple ingredients, Oxygen based cleaner, Original Blue Dawn (of course!!) and Vinegar. 2 of which I already had on hand (the Dawn and the Vinegar).
So I went to the 99¢ Store and picked up some Oxygen Cleaning Product. Now I had everything I needed.


 I followed the directions and quantities given by Jillee, combining the Oxy Cleaner and the Blue Dawn in the soap compartment, and vinegar in a separate area.


Let me tell you friends, THIS STUFF WORKS!! Check out Jillee's blog for all of the details, but I think that you will be pleasantly surprised. And not only does it work fabulously, but it's dirt cheap too! Can't beat that!
Add Dishwasher Detergent to the list of things I never need to buy again!

****************************************************************
As always, I LOVE new Followers!  So please feel free to follow me via Google Friend Connect.
I would also be Super~Dee~Duper Excited if you would "like" me on Facebook.