Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gifts/End of Year Gifts (Free Printable!)

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week. I have a son in 2nd grade, and a son in Pre-K preschool. They both have great teachers, who we are blessed to have as partners in education. I wanted to do something special for these lovely ladies, but of course, I'm on a limited budget. I made each of them gifts and my total was less than $10 per teacher.

I started by taking this great phrase and making a photo postcard out of it. I was on limited time, so I just ordered it from the 1 hour photo station at Walgreens.  To the back of it, I taped a packet of flower seeds. I used a play on words with the "seeds of knowledge" (duh, right?). Cutie~Patootie


If you love this idea, here's a printable for ya!!

Get the PDF Here!


The next item I put together was a sweet bookmark. I found the image on Pinterest, it was shared on the pin board of The 36th Avenue. I had it printed on a 5x7 photo, then trimmed the edges, punched a hole, added some ribbon, and voila! A lovely bookmark!
Image Source

And finally, I was able to use a few of the jars that I've been trying to convince my husband were worth saving. For this part of the gift, I took a jar I had laying around, painted the lid with chalkboard paint, as well as a rectangle label on the face of the jar. After it was dry, I put a picture of my child inside, and filled the jar with candy Smarties. I printed up a tag that said "Thanks For Helping Make Me Such a Smartie" and had my child sign it. Then I tied the tag on with ribbon and a cute button. I finished it off by drawing a sweet little flower on the lid, and writing each respective teacher's name on the label that was painted on to the jar.

The final presentation of the gifts shows a sweet little token of appreciation for the wonderful teachers in the lives of my kiddos.
Thanks for visiting with My (Not So) Glamorous Life today!! I love new followers, so please "follow" me so we can hang out!
I'd be super excited if you would "Like" me on Facebook!!