Thursday, April 19, 2012

Get Dressed, Please!

Pardon me while I step up onto my soapbox. Ok, thank you.
Ahem
This post might be a sensitive topic. Some people will agree with me, and some people will think I'm a total B***h.
But seriously people, when I pulled my jeans on this morning, It. Took. Me. Three. Seconds. So what's with all of these people going places in pajamas? Grocery stores, movie theaters, walking up the street... In the middle of the day, just sportin' pajamas! Seriously?
Please, please get dressed. Especially you, my fellow housewives out there. Please do not wear your Tinkerbell pajamas out in public. I mean, if it's 11pm and you are at Walgreens getting teething tablets for your screaming infant, then by all means, wear your jammies. But otherwise, take the three seconds in the morning to pull some jeans on.
Honestly, if you're really concerned about comfort, jump into a cute pair of Yoga pants or something. That's better than grocery shopping in your PJ's. I'm just sayin...
I'm just sayin'...
 I know that day to day life isn't a fashion show, and I'm all for being comfy. I'm a far cry from being a fashionista myself. But I do take time to pull on jeans and a clean(ish?) shirt every day that I'm leaving the house. I even brush my hair! If I'm feeling lazy, I'll just pull it into a ponytail or bun. Or stick on a BIC Band.
As far as make-up goes... most days just a quick coat of mascara and I'm out the door. I spend less than 10 minutes getting ready for a typical day. Minimal effort required.
So truly, I'm not trying to be super judgy or snide. But... there's a reason why there's a stereotype about housewives "letting themselves go". 
Take a little pride in your appearance. I promise, your days will feel better. You will feel better.

Typical Day Attire. Comfy, casual. Minimal Effort. But not Jammies.

I'll step down off my soapbox now. Thank you for letting me rant.