Monday, April 16, 2012

Feeling Inadequate? Get real & come hang out with me!

Lately I've been noticing a lot of hullabaloo about women/mom's having feelings of inadequacy from reading the blogs of apparent "SuperMom's" or from seeing so many outstanding DIY craft projects, or incredibly involved recipes and meal plans.
So, let me tell you what. IF you are feeling inadequate, or like you're not doing enough, or that you should be this, this, this, that or the other... Stop. Just stop now.
Then, come read about my Not So Glamorous Life. I'm telling you, things ARE NOT fancy shmancy around here. Nope, not at all. We are REAL, and... we are doable. And we are happy.
 For instance. I'm basically a craptastic housekeeper. Who has time for that? I never do the dishes after dinner, I let them wait until the next day.When it comes to folding and putting away laundry, it's pretty rare for me to actually do it. Take a look: 

These days, I'm pretty much late everywhere I go (I'll admit, that drives me flippin' crazy). Sometimes, I let my kids miss school for no good reason at all. And, guess what else? I let my kids play outside pretty much unattended. You heard me, I don't check on them every 10 minutes. And I let them play with pointy things. It's not unheard of for me to let them have cookies for breakfast. Occasionally, instead of making them lunch I let them snack all day. Really.
Supermom? Not quite. But I'm doing my best to raise good children, while making good memories, and keeping my sanity. I know there's more of you out there. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!