Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Looking Back: Light the Night

Back in October I participated in the Light the Night Walk for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I had signed up for this walk in support of my mother, who was diagnosed with Primary CNS Lymphoma in April of 2011. (She's in REMISSION now!!!!) In just one day, I raised enough money for the LLS to be a Champion For Cures. How exciting and motivating!!
The walk took place just one week prior to my mom being checked in for her Stem Cell Transplant. My mom, sister, and oldest son joined me on this endeavor.
The night was fun, emotional, inspiring, and memorable. I am planning on participating again this fall for a cause that is incredibly important to me.
"Walk As If Your Life Depends On It. Walk Because Someone's Life Does."

My Mom




My Mom & Son

Walkers With Lit Balloons




Me, My Mom, My Sister