Tuesday, October 16, 2012

When you shouldn't go alone...

Sometimes in life, there are medical appointments/situations that you just shouldn't go to alone. For good reasons, or bad. For instance, the "big" ultrasound during your pregnancy. That one can be both exciting and scary.
Or, any consult/follow up appointment where you could get test results back, or receive other profound news or information.
Over the years, I have learned this lesson. Like when I was 20 years old and the reproductive endocrinologist told me that I had premature ovarian failure (premature menopause) and that I would never be able to become pregnant with my own children. That proved to be an incorrect diagnosis, but nonetheless... I should have had somebody with me. I was a wreck, and had no business driving myself home after that. Or that time my mom drove herself to the emergency room thinking she was showing signs of a stroke, and found out she had a mass on her brain that ended up being Lymphoma. I really wish someone had been with her that day.
It's always a good idea to have a support system. Someone who can comfort you if you are upset, or share a joy with you. Someone who can be present for you if you mentally "check out" and can help ask questions or retain information.
Last week, Little Lady had an MRI of her brain. It was done at a local children's hospital, and a dear friend of mine came with me, even though we knew there would be no information/results at this appointment. It was still nice to have the company during that exhausting situation.
Little Lady after waking up from MRI sedation.
Today is the Neurology follow up appointment. I don't really know what to expect from today's appointment. Could be no news (which isn't always good). Could be major news. Could be part of the key to finding out how/why my daughter has her condition. Regardless... I thought I should have somebody with us. It's always kind of a tricky situation for The Hubs to get a day off, so I asked my mom to come with me. Sometimes it's hard for me to ask people for help, but I was smart enough to know that today, I should probably not be alone.
So, if you're the praying type, can you please pray for us today as we head in to this appointment? And if you're not, can you please send us some positive thoughts? It's much appreciated my friends. Thank you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, today I shared my "Pet Peeves" over at  Absolute Mommy. Feel free to go check it out! Let me know if you think any of them are weird, or if we have some in common.
*********************************************************************************
Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there!
Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'? Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna!
I can also be found on Twitter under the handle @MyNotSoGlamLife