Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School Teacher Survival Kit & FREE Printable!

All three of my kiddos started school last week. And I am the VP of the Parent Board at our preschool. So what better way to kick off the school year than by treating the teachers to a special token of our appreciation for all of their hard work and dedication?
Between Pinterest, Twitter and Blogs all hyping up different ideas for teachers, I kind of combined them all to make one that I loved.
First Day of School Teacher Survival Kits. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I made one for each of my boys two teachers, as well as each of the four teachers at the preschool. I love how they turned out, and the teachers all seemed to enjoy them as well. 
First, I found a list of the items to put in the kits. What I actually did was look at a few different ideas, then combined and modified them to make my own. (Find the list at the end of this blog post).

Once I had all of my items, I chose containers. For the preschool teachers, I used containers that matched their classroom theme. For the older kids teachers, I used a standard reusable container. I purchased all 6 of these containers at the 99¢ Only Store. Once I had all of the containers and items, I packed them all together.

I purchased some ribbon at JoAnn's that I used to embellish the outside of each container, and then used some free printables from Amanda's Parties To Go (her stuff is CRAZY cute!) to make name labels and print up a "teachers prayer" to put inside each kit. (I only put the "teachers prayer" in the kit of our preschool teachers, as it's a faith based school. I did leave them out of the elementary school teachers kits.)
The teachers prayer reads:
Teacher's Prayer
Please help me,

To strengthen their voices,

bodies and minds,

To express their feelings and

control them sometimes,

To explore what's near

and venture afar,

But most important to love 

who they are.

(Unfortunately, I do not have author information on the prayer/poem)


And just for fun, I went ahead and added these super cute water bottles with labels.

How cute did these turn out? I had such a fun time putting all of these together! My kiddos were really excited to give them to their teachers as well. It was a fun and inexpensive gift to give, and I'm sure that it was appreciated by the teachers.
Did you & your kiddos give gifts to the teachers to kick off the new school year?
Here you will find the printable list to help you if you'd like to make a First Day of School Teacher Survival Kit of your own!
CLICK HERE for the Download!!!!
*********************************************************************************
Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there!
Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'? Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna!
I can also be found on Twitter under the handle @MyNotSoGlamLife