Monday, July 9, 2012

Menu Monday: How Much TIME do You spend menu planning?

How much time do you spend menu planning? Sometimes it takes me only 10-15 minutes, and other times (like yesterday) I spent 1-2 stinkin' hours on it. Still worth it though. By planning what we'll eat in advance, I spend less money at the store, and we get less take-out, which also saves a ton of money. I know some people plan for a whole month at a time, but I haven't gotten that brave yet. How do you menu plan?
Do you do food prep in advance? I typically don't, but I always have intentions of doing it. Yesterday I did a small bit of food prep for the week, and I'm hoping that it'll make a bit of a dent in the time I spend cooking meals each night.
Here's what's on our dinner menu for the week:

Monday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Green Salad

Tuesday: Taco Salad (The Hubs favorite meal, for his birthday)

Wednesday: BLT's, carrot sticks, homemade fries

Thursday: Sloppy Joe's, Carrot sticks, melon, tater tots.

Friday: Put me down for a big fat "I Don't Know" for tonight.

Saturday: Little Lady is turning TWO!! We're BBQ'ing with family and having cupcakes!

Sunday: Chili with ground turkey and tortillas.

Share with me where you post your menu plan too!
*********************************************************************************
Have you "liked" me on Facebook yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Get over there!
Are you following My {Not So} Glamorous Life via Google Friend Connect or BlogLovin'? Don't miss any of the fun! All you have to do is click "follow" on that button over there on the sidebar. Or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. Just click here!! C'mon, you know you wanna!