Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stupid, Aching Uterus...


(Due to our participation in Screen Free Week, this post was written and scheduled in advance!!)

What is this incessant urge that women get to procreate? (Or is it just me?)
Seriously, I'm 3 kids into this game of Motherhood and I still get that nagging desire to to reproduce. When I see a cousin/sister/friend/acquaintance/stranger-on-the-street who is pregnant, or even worse, holding a newborn, that maternal instinct kicks in and I just want a baby. (I kid you not, I think my uterus aches and contracts when I'm around babies!) But it's not just that I want to hold a baby. I genuinely want another child. 

For the love of all that is holy, I have three kids already!! And both sexes too, so it's not just that desire to have "some of each".
*sigh*
Logically, I know that our family right now is such a great fit... and there are plenty of reasons to NOT have another baby. So then, why do I want one so much?

Somebody please tell me that I'm not the only one...