Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Today I'd like to share a few Thrifted finds that I have acquired over the last week. They haven't been "re-purposed" yet, but I see their potential, and have some idea's floating around in my head for them! Fun!

Ugly (brass??) Candlestick: I have not yet decided if I want to just paint this and make it a non-ugly candlestick holder and use it as decor. Or if I'd like to make it into a cake/dessert stand. Oh the possibilities!
$1.49

Cupcake Stand. I think I'm going to paint this pink and showcase it at my daughter's cupcake themed 2nd birthday party in July.
$1.49
 And finally, this fabulous vinyl tablecloth, that is the EXACT type of colors and pattern I wanted to use for something not involving tablecloths or tables at all...
$3.99

And, on the note of being Thrifty... we had spaghetti for dinner last night. Since I make it meatless most of the time, it is one of the cheapest dinners I make. A cost breakdown on this dinner is about $ .83 per person (including garlic bread) with enough leftovers for lunch the next day! How awesome is that???? This cost didn't include the green salad, but I think that costs only a few cents to add into the mix.  Yay for cheap meals!