Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh mornings, how I've missed you

So, at Super-Early-O'clock, I'm awakened by my Little Lady needing to be fed. Uggghhhhh, I stumble out of bed, prepare a bottle and go pluck her out of her crib. Then I settle in to feed her. Lately, after this, I have been putting myself back to bed in the mornings.
My Big Boy goes back to school this morning after 17 days of being home. So... instead of my mind turning to mush as I feed Little Lady, my mind flicks on, with all of the tasks ahead of me today. I realize that I'm up 2 hours before my alarm is set to go off... so I could go back to bed for 2 hours. However, in my experience, that just leaves me with a 'hungover' type of feeling. I don't like it. I start thinking of what quiet ways I can spend then next 2 hours.
Ahhhhh...quiet.
THIS is the time I used to keep for myself. When I would blog, read, shower. Breathe.
Hello Early Mornings, how I've missed you!

(There was a time in my life when I would have laughed in your face if you had told me I'd be a morning person...)